How Kefir Milk Can Help You to Live to 100, or Longer
Who wants to live forever? I am not exactly sure if that is your goal, but it is for many people at The Life Extension Foundation. I know it is a little extreme, but we are going to take a look at Kefir milk, a wonderful and natural probiotic.Â Probiotics are healthy bacteria that live in our body that help control pathogenic organisms and promote a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
We are going to look at the history of kefir, health benefits of kefir, and how to make kefir.
What is Kefir?
Kefir is an ancient cultured, enzyme-rich food full of friendly microorganisms that balance your inner ecosystem and helps to strengthen immunity. It is made by culturing fresh raw milk with kefir grains.
The Kefir you get from the grains is one of the best sources of probiotics you can find. People waste money on probiotic pills everyday. Kefir alone has over 42 different strains! A pill will never be able to compare to a natural drink like Kefir.
Some of the friendly bacteria are lactic acid bacteria, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lb delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Lb helveticus, Lb casei subsp, Kluyveromyces, Torulopsis, and Saccharomyces.
Kefir also contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes. Included are calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, B2 and B12, vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin D.
Although Kefir is scarcely known outside of the Caucuses regions, kefir has been around for centuries and has helped cure many health problems.
How to Make Kefir
Kefir is fairly easy to make once you have some kefir grains. I suggest you check out Dom’s website compilation of kefir resources. His website basically has every single piece of information you ever need on kefir, whether it be history of kefir, its benefits, or how to make and store kefir grains.
Basically all you need to do is:
1. Get kefir grains
2. Put about 1 tablespoon of kefir grains into 500ml of milk
3. Let sit for 24 hours
4. Strain kefir grains from the kefir milk
5. Put kefir grains back into jar
6. Put milk over the kefir grains
7. Drink your kefir
8. Give yourself a kefir-stache
9. Reap the health benefits
10. Do not rinse, just repeat
Health Benefits of Kefir
YourKefirSource.com has compiled quite a large list of known kefir health benefitsâ€¦Here is a look at them.
Here are some of the known kefir health benefits:
- Strongest natural remedy against any allergy
- Strongest natural antibiotic without side effects
- Treats liver disease
- Treats gallbladder, dissolves gall bladder stones
- Clears the body of salts, heavy metals, radionuclides, and alcoholic products
- Cleans the body of chemical antibiotics
- Treats kidney stones
- Good bacteria in kefir are able to fight off pathogenic microorganisms
- Lowers level of LDL cholesterol
- Cleans the gastrointestinal tract
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Treats gastritis
- Treats pancreatitis
- Treats ulcers
- Prevents and treats colon cancer
- Improves digestion
- Improves the body functions
- Improves the human immune system
- Cures Candida
- Cures hypertension
- Stops growth of cancer cells
- Speeds up healing process
- Treats psoriasis
- Treats eczema
- Treats inflammatory diseases
- Reduces size of tumors
- Treats heart disease
- Reverses calcination of blood vessels
- Clears the blood vessels
- Boosts the bodies energy
- Natural “feel good” food
- Treats lung infections
- Normalizes metabolism thereby can be used as for weight loss
- Cures acne
- Has anti-oxidants and anti-aging properties
- Nourishes hair
- Treats the gum disease parodontosis
- Lessens effects of medicines
- Replenishes body of good bacteria after antibiotic
- Balances the microflora of the body’s digestive system
- Regulates blood pressure
- Lowers blood sugar
- Lowers blood lipid levels or cholesterol and fatty acids
- Treats diarrhea
- Treats constipation
- Promotes bowel movement
- Anti-stress properties
- Treats sleeping disorders
- Treats depression
- Treats attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Improves the brains neuro functions like reflexes, memory retention, attention, the five senses
- Reduces flatulence
- Lactic acid fermentation enhances the digestibility of milk based foods. People who cannot otherwise digest milk, can enjoy the vital calcium rich Kefir.
- Treats yeast infection
- Eliminates vaginal odors
- Cures wrinkles
- Treats arthritis
- Treats colitis
- Treats gout
- Cures migranes
- Treats rheumatism
- Treats other stomach disorders
- Detoxifies the body
- Improves protein quality of milk, and enhances absorption and digestion
- Good bacteria manufacture B vitamins such as B3, B6 and folic acid.
- Aids in treating tuberculosis
- Treats stomach cramps
- Treats chronic intestine infections
- Treats liver infections
- Treats asthma
- Treats bronchitis
- Treats sclerosis
- Treats anemia
- Treats hepatitis
- Healing effects on catarrh, digestive nodes, astral nodes, bilious complaints
- Treats leaky gut syndrome
- Prevents metastasis
- Cures bad morning breath
Kefir is a wonderful tasting drink that is shown to have many health benefits for those who use it. If you are currently taking probiotic pills, then you are spending a boatload of money for a weak source of healthy bacteria. Look into getting some kefir grains and making your own milk kefir. You will begin to notice the powerful positive effects of kefir with your first glass of the great tasting kefir.
Some of the things I have noticed since I started drinking kefir are clearer skin and better digestion. As with any health supplement, kefir can affect people in many different ways. The only way to find out is to actually give it a try. It is cheap to get kefir grains, and once you have kefir grains, you basically have an endless supply of healthy bacteria, or probiotics. You can usually find free kefir grains buy doing a simple search on Google.Email This Post Print This Post