My name is Tanner and I have trouble watching TV.
It is actually difficult for me to watch tv nowadays. I quickly become restless if I sit down to try and watch something on TV.
Fact is, so much stuff on TV is just plain garbage. Gone are the days of sitting down to watch the Looney Tunes, MacGyver, Due South, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, and the same Sportscenter at least 4 times a day.
I can easily find what I want to watch RIGHT NOW by going to YouTube or even Hulu.
It feels like I get nothing out of the TV anymore.
The only thing I currently watch on broadcast TV is Pittsburgh Penguins games. And usually I will be multi-tasking, working on something else while the game on in the background.
Here is what I use my flat screen for nowadays:
1. Hook up my laptop and watch movies or Hulu (basically just House)
2. Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, Pirates (to put me to sleep) games, and I NEVER miss a Penn State football game.
3. When in season, intriguing college football games (college football is another passion of mine, hence one of the reasons I became a Penn State Cheerleader).
My Typical Day
So what do I do during a typical day? Of course it is not everything I do (like brushing teeth, etc..). A lot of the below is done while listening to music.
- Usually I will wake up whenever I want (earliest class is 11:15). Not really a morning person here.
- I do not eat breakfast (see below).
- Make some Yerba Mate tea.
- Check and repsond to my e-mail.
- Go to my Google Reader and read over some articles.
- Mess around on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Comment here and there on other people’s blogs.
- Go to class.
- Get some studying or homework done.
- Work out.
- Work on a few consulting projects.
- Connect with friends or family.
- Maybe check my blog stats.
- Watch Pens game while working on something.
- Maybe attend a lecture on campus or a art/history display(will be checking out an interesting display called Deadly Medicine: Creating The Master Race, I will probably talk about here soon since I am fascinated with world War II stuff).
- More reading. In fact, I would say reading books and articles takes up the majority of my day. I also take extensive notes on most of everything I read. Here is a look at my notebook with both handwritten and typed notes from just the past 3 months. Easily over 100s of pages of notes from the past 3 months of reading with a nice notes indexing system courtesy of Tim Ferriss.
- Have been on an Austrian Economics binge lately, so have been reading and watching Austrian Economics YouTube videos on that topic lately.
- Maybe head to the Starbucks right below my apartment in downtown Happy Valley.
- I follow intermittent fasting in conjunction with the Paleo Diet usually, so I will devour a huge meal (2,000k+) once or twice a day. Intermittent fasting with the Paleo Diet has been the best nutritional plan I have ever done in both being efficient and helping me maintain the weight I feel comfortable with. Am down around a solid 25 pounds or so in around 4 months of following the Paleo Diet and Intermittent Fasting, though lately I have been binging on garbage food.
I tend to not follow a set schedule and like to just roam from what I want to do at the time to the next. Priorities are still number one but after that it is a free for all.
Now that it is finally warming up here in the middle of nowhere PA, I plan on getting outside and enjoying the weather and sun some more.
Of course, there is more to my day but that is the overall gist of a typical weekday.
Pretty much, my days are filled with my passions and I love it.
Think Big,Email This Post Print This Post